Amanda Brugel
Brugel was the only Canadian actor in season 1 of the show, and just occasionally. Since then, she has been a member ever since. In discussing her character, and any similarities to her daily life that isn't captured by the cameras She was able relate her personal experiences with racism to the mistreatment of those who are "Marthas" saing, in part, "I use it, and not just for her job in the household as Martha but in all aspects of her life as Martha however, I also very often lean heavily on race and, like I mentioned earlier previous experiences that I feel as if I've felt like a victim when it comes to certain situations due to my color. Even though I've never suffered physical assault due to the color of my skin but I did experience the verbal abuse. Any sort of racial slurs or insults that felt like an actual hit or a blow to me, I can use in my show when a character says something that is sharp and stinging. "I utilize this sensation almost in every scene, because it's as if she's always being hit at least once in each scene."
Comments
Post a Comment